Round two with clay that wasn’t too soft to work with. I thought about giving white in his eyes, but I’m not too sure. I gave him a more pizzazz star. Some times I have a tough time getting this cutie’s bootie to stand fifty percent of the time.
A post shared by Teru Teru Kumo (@teruterukumo) on
I’ve always wanted to remake Ursa Pete. I just didn’t feel it was as cute as my drawing. This little guy isn’t like my drawing, but more inspired by Teru Teru Kumo’s Chibi Care Bears.
I believe their pieces are more charms and I’m not sure if they stand up. This piece I created I wanted to make sure stood up and was hard to balance with his ginormous head!
The light purple clay I was working with was really soft and frustrating to shape. There is a lot more movement in the clay that I typically don’t like there, but was hard to get the solid form with the soft clay.
I would do a few things differently next time. First I need to stop using such soft annoying clay! The star also needs more glitter. I may make another version of this guy tomorrow. We’ll see!
P.S. this guy is way cuter in person than how he is photographed.
One thing I’ve been trying creating better backgrounds. If you notice the majority of my backgrounds are simple or one color. I have been playing with the blur tool to create interesting effects. My first attempt was yesterday’s piece Profite du Coucher de Soleil.
For Wanda’s Web I wanted a bit more control on the outcome and used a purple palette I googled. You can see the palette below.
Full disclosure Wanda’s Web was created on May 19th and my project post made it out on time. However, this blog is coming out on May 20th due to having a family emergency I couldn’t complete my blog in time. Long story short my husband needed his appendix removed and this all took place in the last 24 hours.